What would make you open an email a few days before Christmas? I’m sick of the Christmas deals those hyped-up marketers are still cramming into my inbox. I’m winding down from work too.
But like most people I’ve talked to, I crave advice on dealing with one or more touchy family situations.
Marketers, you can fool me into reading those pitches once you’ve calmed me down. As my last-minute Christmas gift back at ya, here are 11 email subject lines that woul entice my friends and I to open your email:
- Smile politely while spitting that inedible Christmas cake into your napkin: 3 tips
- What if everyone brings jello?
- An Alzheimer Christmas. What to do when Granny won’t stop yelling
- Uncle Sid has passed out in the mashed potatoes again: help or ignore?
- How to get the in-laws to go home, without risking war
- Silent night, no more: how to start a conversation with cousins you haven’t seen in years and never liked
- Whining kids-how to make them sleep, in the spirit of the season but without spirits
- Survive carols with the tone deaf: how to sing LOUD
- When cats, dogs and other species mix: a furniture survival guide
- Do you mention food spilled on the face — or other places?
- 11 foolproof excuses to leave early
I’ve survived most of these situations by laughing. That way, they don’t spoil all the wonderful ones.
Thanks for the photo.